According to the research that was conducted by Work Marketplace of United State indicated that 2.9% of Americans typically work at home. At least, half-time from 1.8 million, it’s predicted that 38% of full-time workers are using Virtual Data room software.
Remote workers include almost an equal number of male and female at the ratio of 52:48, respectively, with an average age starting at 46 old. Although, the population may be developing in this equal new communing choice, not all companies that are prepared to control the workers. The following are the minimum abilities required to work remotely. Persons must be:
Capable of committing to regular working hours daily with less supervision and record those hours productively.
Manage to complete the assignment and meet the deadline without supervision
Being able to conduct themselves, similarly as they are in an office surrounding during the meetings, or during video conferencing.
Other Requirement for working remotely
Also, a remote worker always requires a quiet environment, away from any distraction. Also, they should have every necessary tool to conduct tasks every day. The essential equipment includes reliable internet, desk, and a printer. This requirement must be documented in some written format and then signed by each party as they agree to work remotely.
Software solutions used by the Remote consultant
- File sharing drive
- Joint screen sharing, video conferences, and phone
- Smart Sheets for project collaboration management tracking
- Online Gmail Hangouts chats
Therefore, below are some outlined ways an employer can efficiently manage their virtual team:
- Conduct short icebreaker for the first 5 minutes every week calls that enable everybody to contribute and have a chance to mingle with one another.
- Get everybody to sign the remote work integrity and honesty contract, which include the above-listed skills.
- Establish standards and documents guidelines for each deliverable to make sure overall consistency.
- Apply the agendas for every meeting and be strict to the times decided for all discussion topic and supply the action/recap item summary after every session.
- Assign the tasks that depend on everyone’s skill set.
Be available for your team. Always make sure that you are on an assigned chat platform with your team or available through your phone.
When the above aspect of virtual data room are combined, the outcomes can be useful for both employees and employers. In fact, a remote worker can save some money on items such as tolls, gas, childcare and work clothes since work-life balance, commute stress and time-saving are the main reason most people look for a flexible job.