A used car is a great way to save money on a quality vehicle. Plus, it’s better than never owning a car at all or settling for one with significant problems. But not just any old used car will do — trust us, and there are tons to choose from online. Whether you’re looking for new or used cars in el cajon, here are our top tips for finding the best one on your budget.
Your first step should be researching the type of car you want to buy. Whatever model and year you choose, make sure it fits your budget and fulfils your specifications. Choose a car that has plenty of warranty, preferably being registered and with an inspection done recently to reassure you that it’s in great condition. Be careful to avoid a car that’s been involved in any accident or has just been made for scrap. You’ll want to check the car before you buy and ask the seller to provide the car’s history and or contact details.
Online websites have thousands of ads from dealerships across South Africa, so you can be sure that there are plenty of vehicles available within your budget. Once you narrow down the type of vehicle you want, compare quotes from several different dealerships. It’s important to be aware of a few red flags when dealing with car salespeople, so if you notice this happening, it’s a good idea to walk away from the deal. These include:
• The salesperson is pushing for an immediate sale and not giving the buyer time to think about it.
• Pushing for a quick decision by offering special discounts or throwing in unexpected extras. This means that the dealership is desperate for the sale and may be using deceptive tactics.
• Pushing buyers towards financing rather than paying cash because they want you to take advantage of their low-interest rates.
• Trying to convince you that the vehicle is cheaper than it really is because they’re not charging a commission.
• Only showing you vehicles without asking if you want to see the rest, which means they can use the excuse that they don’t have the right car for you.
Choose a dealer with a good reputation. We recommend checking out all of your options and selecting one that stands out as reputable, honest and reliable. Also, pay attention to how many cars they sell each year and how many people have previously bought from them. This can give you an indication of how honest they are and whether they’re keeping their word on price.